Things to do and see in Gatineau and Ottawa
*Check this section regularly as specific events and attractions will be added closer to the event. Also, a list of our favorites will be available soon.
If you wish to discover great restaurants in the region, here is the «Restaurants CYPSY23» guide with the places within walking distance of the conference’s venue as well as others to discover in the Outaouais and Ottawa regions.
During your stay in the Gatineau’s region, there are plenty of things to see and to do. In fact, the CYPSY conference takes place shortly after the Quebec’s National Holiday (Saint-Jean, June 24th) and just before Canada Day (July 1st). The capital of Canada is Ottawa so Canada Day’s events are very close by! It is also a holiday for the Outaouais region (June 22nd to 25th) so there will be plenty of family events, festivals and others great activities to do, especially if you arrive early or leave a few days after the conference.
Here are a few activities and exhibits that could be interesting to see during your stay:
- Art expostition «Mouvance» at the Montcalm Gallery that uses themes like technology, avatars, psychology and others
- The exposition «Brain: The Inside Story» at the Canadian Museum of Nature, as well as other interesting expositions
- Mosaïculture Gatineau 2018 are sculptures made out of flowers, trees and anything mother nature has to offer
- Museums such as the Canadian Museum of History, the National Gallery of Canada and the Canadian War Museum
- The Casino Lac-Leamy also offers different shows and exhibitions
- The bar «Les 4 jeudis» also offers great shows and exterior activities almost everynight
- The ByWard Market is an exceptionnal outside market in Ottawa that is filled with various things to see, buy and do
- RCMP Musical Ride Sunset Ceremonies are a famous and traditionnal canadian attraction
- TD Ottawa Jazz Festival is a must for jazz music fans
There are also permanent attractions such as museums, familiy activities, art galleries, restaurants, stores, etc. For more information on those and a complete list of all the available activities, visit the following websites:
Outaouais region (includes Gatineau)
Gatineau’s Celebrations and Festivals
Ottawa (Canada’s Capital)
For those who would like to explore Gatineau’s nature, there is a wonderful park open for hiking and other exterior activities (Gatineau’s Park), or you can go biking around the city using the bike rental service by VéloGo. Plan your stay ahead and enjoy the wonderful Outaouais region!
For more information about what to do and see while you are in the region, don’t hesitate to ask us or the Hilton Lac Leamy hotel staff.
CYPSY23: June 26th – 28th, 2018
June 28th, 2018 (limited space)
Abstract Submission for Workshops Deadline:
December 15th, 2017
Poster, Orals & Symposiums
Submission Deadline :
January 15th, 2018
Notification of Acceptation/Rejection
February 15th, 2018
Full Paper/Presenter Requirements Due
(Faculty Disclosure Form & Presenter
Agreement Form, Presenter 2-page CV):
March 31st, 2018
Discontinuation of Hotel Discount:
(Extended if rooms are available)
Early Registration Deadline:
March 1st, 2018
Regular Registration Deadline:
June 15th, 2018
June 26th - 28th, 2018