Professor Dr. Brenda K. Wiederhold, Interactive Media Institute (IMI), USA and Virtual Reality Medical Institute (VRMI), Europe, will serve as the organizer for a three-day Advanced Research Workshop (ARW) entitled “Wounds of War IV: Pain Syndromes – From Recruitment to Returning Troops.”
The ARW is scheduled for September 30-October 2, 2011 in Südkärnten, Austria, and will gather experts from across Europe and North America to meet and discuss the impact of pain syndromes on military troops. This workshop follows up on three previously held successful NATO-sponsored Advanced Research Workshops:
- “Wounds of War I: Lowering Suicide Risk in Returning Troops”
- October 14 – 17, 2007; Südkärnten, Austria
- “Wounds of War II: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder”
- October 19 – 21, 2009; Südkärnten, Austria
- “Wounds of War III: Traumatic Brain Injury”
- February 20 – 22, 2011; Vienna, Austria
Keynote speakers will include psychological experts and military personnel from over 20 NATO, PfP, and Mediterranean dialogue countries.
- Professor Dr. Brenda K. Wiederhold, USA
- Colonel Dr. Carl Castro, USA
- Professor Dr. Kresimir Cosic, Croatia
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- US Army Medical Research and Materiel Command
- Virtual Reality Medical Center
- Ministry of Health and Social Welfare Croatia
- University Hospital Dubrava
- American Ministry of Defense (MOD)
- Interactive Media Institute
- Virtual Reality Medical Institute
Please feel free to disseminate this information to any colleagues who have contributed to the scientific research in this subject area.
We look forward to welcoming you in Austria!